Freeze Values from Active X combo Box

johndrew

Board Regular
I am using an Active X Combo Box to enter data. When the selection it does a Vertical Lookup and gets the price value of the Item. (note there are two Active X boxes with the second being for another selection.
Example:
First combo box Item, (Shirt)
Second combo box Color (Red)
The vertical lookup up finds the Shirt and red color and returns $1.00 each
Since there are 25 to 100 of these, I placed the combobox at the top so as to have only the two entries.

It then multiplies the Qty(input) Times the vertical look up cost for the Total Price
This was for say 25 shirts of different sizes which would have priced them at Qty x value which would have been 25 lines at $1 for a total of $25

But some want (Pants) also. Now when I select the Active X combo box and enter Pants it changes the value for all the shirts above to the new price of the Pants ($2.00) since the formula looks a the Active X combobox for the value to enter into the forumula.

What I need is to be able to freeze the previous selected values (column D) skip a line and the start over for the next group of items.
When that items is priced out for say 30 items, freeze those vaues and start with the next item. I could place an "X" in column E to trigger the change

I would send a spreadsheet, but I don't have that authorization.

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back