Extract a List of Values Filtered by Criteria with Sub-Arrays Tutorial Help

CobraWave

Hi all.

I'm looking to create a formula which will let me pick out rows which contain certain parameters (in various columns).

This tutorial proceeds to explain this, but only allows for one search parameter; I'd like multiple parameters.

Extract a List of Values Filtered by Criteria with Sub-Arrays in Excel

Using the template given, I've modified the code to include an AND statement nested in the IF, theoretically solving my issue. But it doesn't work. All that is output is the very first row of the database, whether it fulfills the requirements or not.

My data structure is identical to the one given in the tutorial.

Here is my modified formula:

Code:
=IFERROR(
    INDEX('Car Data'!B$2:B$1156,
        SMALL(
            IF(
                AND(
                    'Car Data'!$H$2:$H$1156>='Filtered List'!$A$2,
                    'Car Data'!$E$2:$E$1156='Filtered List'!$B$2
                ),
                ROW('Car Data'!B$2:B$1156)-ROW('Car Data'!B$2)+1
            ),
            ROWS('Car Data'!B$2:'Car Data'!B2)
        )
    )
,"")

The value for 'Filtered List'!$A$2 is set as 35, and the value for 'Filtered List'!$B$2 is set as 3.

Working with the template given, this should search for all cars which have greater than or equal to 35mpg and exactly 3 cylinders. But like I said there's an error somewhere.

And yes, I have dragged down the selection so the array is able to output completely, but all is output is Car Data Row 2.

Thanks.

Last edited:
@widgewilliams

In which sheet are you implementing the formula and in which cell?

The formula will be implemented in the Output! sheet. I havent decided on the actual cell yet.

Basically, though. Historical Data comprises the following Columns. (There are actually more, but these are the ones Im currently concerned with)

B C D E F G H I J
DateHomeTeamAwayTeamFTHGFTAGFTRHTHGHTAGHTR
18/08/12ArsenalSunderland00D00D
18/08/12FulhamNorwich50H20H
18/08/12NewcastleTottenham21H00D
18/08/12QPRSwansea05A01A
18/08/12ReadingStoke11D01A
18/08/12West BromLiverpool30H10H
18/08/12West HamAston Villa10H10H
19/08/12Man CitySouthampton32H10H

<colgroup><col style="width:48pt" span="9" width="64"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>
etc upto last games this season

So theres at least 5 seasons worth of football results. Output!$B$2 is a drop down box with a list of football teams.

I want select a team with Output!$B$2 and then to retrieve the teams Form (both home and away) for their LAST 12 games in the current season and have that display in the Output! worksheet in a format similar to that seen below.

Date Half TimeFull Time
4/5/2013TottenhamSouthampton
00D10H
23/03/14TottenhamSouthampton12A32H
5/10/2014TottenhamSouthampton10H10H
8/5/2016TottenhamSouthampton11D12A
3/19/2017TottenhamSouthampton20H21H

<colgroup><col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:2340;width:48pt" width="64"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:1755;width:36pt" width="48"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:1536;width:32pt" width="42"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:1462; width:30pt" span="11" width="40"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

(this example actually uses the formula =IFERROR(INDEX('Historical Data'!B$2:B$9999,SMALL(IF((('Historical Data'!$C$2:$C$9999=Output!$B$2)*('Historical Data'!$D$2:$D$9999=Output!$Q$2)),ROW('Historical Data'!B$2:B$9999)-ROW('Historical Data'!B$2)+1),ROWS('Historical Data'!B$2:'Historical Data'!B2))),"") to retrieve Head to Head data of 2 teams but Im looking for a similar format for Home Teams Last 12 games)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
@widgewilliams

This thread is old and getting very big - difficult to locate the formula you are referring to and the corresponding data.

I suggest you create a new thread by showing us a small sample of your data along with expected results.

To post a sample of your data see section B in
https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/127080-guidelines-forum-use.html

Then, if you wish, you can put a link here to the new thread.

M.

Thanks M

https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel...-those-rows-second-worksheet.html#post4800709

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fenes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back