difference between julian dates

Jon Savage

Hello there,
I would first off like to thank ya for the great info that you have available on your site and that I am always amazed at some of the solutions that you come with. Been a great help to me many a times.

I have been trying to figure out a way to get the total time difference (in hour and minutes) between two julian dates and times. For example, a program that I use at work uses a "julian" date of "4032 1630" to equal 1 feb 04 at 4:30 pm. So I'm needing to be able to find the total hours and minutes difference between say "4032 1630" and "4048 2214". I figure that this must be easy to do using the date and time as a serial number then format the difference as a hour and minute but I'm at lost how to do this :oops: . Any way that you can assist me on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, Jon

IT WORKED!! Thanks there PaddyD. This little problem has been buggin' me for many moons. Will definity make my life easier. Now just need to figure out a array or something to convert those minutes to decimals for another part of my work (IE 1-2 min=0, 3-8 min=.1, 9-14 min=.2, 15-20 min=.3, ect) Can't be to hard :LOL: Thanks again PaddyD and everybody else too. Jon

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeerMan23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back