Selecting Range after splash screen

TheMatrixReloaded

Anyone know where to place code, to select a range after the splash screen is ran? I have tried two locations and neither is working. Unless I'm using the wrong code to select.

Sheets("Pizza Parlor").Select Range("A5")

yea, I tried Jay's. I didn't feel like changing all that. So I just format the column? I was thinking too complicated I guess. Thinking of formatting the actual value before it is entered in the cell.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
??

I think you just formatted the entire column, at least the way I described it, you did. So, if you're approaching 65,535 orders, you may want to clear this sheet (that's a lot of Pizza).

Should we write an event procedure just to be sure?

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Not Application.Intersect(Target, [a65536:d65536]) _
Is Nothing Then [2:2].Delete
End Sub

Right click on the 2nd sheet, and paste the following code. Since you're only doing 1 pizza at a time, if you fill the section, it will delete your oldest order, row 2, and allow you to continue adding new orders.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to establish my splash screen but with little result concerning color, font, etc. I have been trying to create one by trial and error but I know for sure there is an easier way. What is the easiest way to create a splash screen?

Upvote 0
Create your workbook as usual.

Activate the Visual Basic Editor and insert a new UserForm into the project. The code here assumes this form is named UserForm1.

Place any controls you like on UserForm1. For example, you may want to insert an Image control that has your company's logo. Also, you may want to set the UserForm's Caption property to an empty string.

Insert the following subroutine into the code module for the ThisWorkbook object:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
UserForm1.Show
End Sub
Insert the following subroutine into the code module for UserForm1:
Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:00:05"), "KillTheForm"
End Sub
Insert the following subroutine into a normal VBA module:
Private Sub KillTheForm()
Unload UserForm1
End Sub

Upvote 0
I've created a userform to show at start up, a splash screen if you will. But is there a way to kill that blue border and X so it doesn't show? I have found a way to kill the X here on the board. How about that top border? Anyone?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back