Pls help ASAP

AmberJo

OK... I'm still having memory problems...

I have a 13 thousand row table that I need to link to a summary worksheet- my formulas are countif's and sumif's

EG-
=SUMIF('really big sheet F:$F,1, really big sheet$Q:$Q) F being decile and Q being in this case savings

So this formula adds all the decile 1 savings in the 13 thousand row spreadsheet. I do this for deciles 1 to 10 for about 15 variables.

Well I'd like to do it- I get a 'not enough memory to update links" message and a #VALUE value.

Any ideas on how I can get this to work?

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
You might be better off Using your Pivot Table wizard to point at your data. Then you could use GetPivotData forumlas to retrieve the summary information from the PVT.
Creating a Pivot table from your Data is about a 5minute process once you get the hang of it.
I used to have the same problem and found this to be a good solution. I pull data into PVT's from Mdb's , SQL's and CSV's in real time all the time.
The PVT's can also be set up to refresh when opening the workbook, on a timer , or manual... what do you think ?

Upvote 0
How can I learn PVT quickly :wink: ???

On 2002-05-09 22:21, Nimrod wrote:
You might be better off Using your Pivot Table wizard to point at your data. Then you could use GetPivotData forumlas to retrieve the summary information from the PVT.
Creating a Pivot table from your Data is about a 5minute process once you get the hang of it.
I used to have the same problem and found this to be a good solution. I pull data into PVT's from Mdb's , SQL's and CSV's in real time all the time.
The PVT's can also be set up to refresh when opening the workbook, on a timer , or manual... what do you think ?

Upvote 0
What is your source data in ? Is it in another xls file , csv file, what ?
I might be able to step you through some of this .
PS right now I'm leaving work so I won't write back to you for about 20 minutes

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richa mishra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back