Problem with Advanced filtering not filtering

MrsPnut

I have a workbook with several pages of data. What I am trying to do is repair a macro written by someone many years ago which has fallen over and probably been tinkered with by other people over the years.

One tab has a form which when a particular job number is entered, looks up a job list and returns values such as job owner, job amount, amount already invoiced etc which works fine.

The next task is the Advanced filtering part which I'm struggling to make work. There are two separate sheets "Bookings" and "PO table" and each has a list of data with the headings

Booking
Entry Friday Who JN 1 JN.task Hrs Mile Pers Disp£ Task £/H Hrs Value £

PO table
Transaction PO Number Date Raised JN Task By Whom PO Summary Supplier Net Value

What I am trying to do is filter based on what ever the job number is on the form and copy those entries onto cells AA2 onwards on the same sheet.

I did get I working for the booking sheet yesterday but the PO list returned all values in the list. Today neither sheets work either with the macro or by manual advanced filtering.

Please can you point me in the right direction, because I am sure it is really obvious.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
There's not a lot to go on there, but one of the most likely causes for a filter to return all data is that you included a completely blank row in the criteria range.

Upvote 0
No completely blank rows, I have already checked that. Thanks for taking the time to answer though.

Upvote 0
Another thing to check would be that the column headers in the criteria range exactly match those in the data range.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back