Calculatinig timezone clock times

coolgaff

I have a sheet that has entered call times in rows from row 1-1000 (19:00 02:00 etc) these times are in relation to a specific country. What I want to do is have 2 columns/rows that has the time zone difference to UK time (+9hours or - 9 hours etc)what i want to calculate is a formula in the cells next to call time that either deducts or adds the timezone (+/-) from the call time, thus to give actual UK time.

so column A would be local call time 21:00 UK Call time (=local call time minus timezone to give actual time) Timezone +9 can it show the previous date if it goes back a day?

I have consulted my Excel bibles with no joy.

Maybe this will help.<CENTER><TABLE ALIGN=CENTER BORDER=1><TR><TD BGCOLOR=#0C266B COLSPAN=5><FONT COLOR=WHITE>Microsoft Excel - Book1</FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD BGCOLOR=#D4D0C8 COLSPAN=5>File(<U>F</U>) Edit(<U>E</U>) View(<U>V</U>) Insert(<U>I</U>) Options(<U>O</U>) Tools(<U>T</U>) Data(<U>D</U>) Window(<U>W</U>) Help(<U>H</U>)</TD></TR><TR><TD ALIGN=CENTER COLSPAN=2 BGCOLOR=White>C3</TD><TD ALIGN=CENTER BGCOLOR=#D4D0C8 >=</TD><TD COLSPAN=2 BGCOLOR=White>37382.5833333333</TD></TR><TR><TD WIDTH=5 BGCOLOR=#D4D0C8 ALIGN=CENTER> </TD><TD BGCOLOR=#D4D0C8 ALIGN=CENTER>A</TD><TD BGCOLOR=#D4D0C8 ALIGN=CENTER>B</TD><TD BGCOLOR=#D4D0C8 ALIGN=CENTER>C</TD><TD BGCOLOR=#D4D0C8 ALIGN=CENTER>D</TD></TR><TR><TD WIDTH=5 BGCOLOR=#D4D0C8 ALIGN=CENTER>1</TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF ALIGN=Center VALIGN=BOTTOM ><FONT FACE=Arial COLOR=#000000>Call Time</FONT></TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF ALIGN=Center VALIGN=BOTTOM ><FONT FACE=Arial COLOR=#000000>Time Diff +/-</FONT></TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF ALIGN=Center VALIGN=BOTTOM ><FONT FACE=Arial COLOR=#000000>Zone Time</FONT></TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> </TD></TR><TR><TD WIDTH=5 BGCOLOR=#D4D0C8 ALIGN=CENTER>2</TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> </TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> </TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> </TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> </TD></TR><TR><TD WIDTH=5 BGCOLOR=#D4D0C8 ALIGN=CENTER>3</TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF ALIGN=Center VALIGN=BOTTOM ><A HREF=javascript:alert('37381.75')><FONT FACE=Arial COLOR=#000000>5/5/2002 18:00</FONT></A></TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF ALIGN=Center VALIGN=BOTTOM ><FONT FACE=Arial COLOR=#000000>20</FONT></TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF ALIGN=Center VALIGN=BOTTOM ><A HREF=javascript:alert('37382.5833333333')><FONT FACE=Arial COLOR=#000000>5/6/2002 14:00</FONT></A></TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> </TD></TR><TR><TD WIDTH=5 BGCOLOR=#D4D0C8 ALIGN=CENTER>4</TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> </TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> </TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> </TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> </TD></TR><TR><TD WIDTH=5 BGCOLOR=#D4D0C8 ALIGN=CENTER>5</TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF ALIGN=Center VALIGN=BOTTOM ><FONT FACE=Arial COLOR=#000000>=IF(B3>0,A3+TIME(B3,0,0),A3-TIME(ABS(B3),0,0))</FONT></TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> </TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> </TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> </TD></TR><TR><TD WIDTH=5 BGCOLOR=#D4D0C8 ALIGN=CENTER>6</TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF ALIGN=Left VALIGN=BOTTOM ><FONT FACE=Arial COLOR=#000000>This formula goes into cell C3</FONT></TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> </TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> </TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> </TD></TR><TR><TD WIDTH=5 BGCOLOR=#D4D0C8 ALIGN=CENTER>7</TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> </TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> </TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> </TD><TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> </TD></TR><TR><TD COLSPAN=5><U>Sheet1</U></TD></TR></TABLE><FONT COLOR=#339966>You can see the formula of cells only click each above hyperlinks</FONT><FONT COLOR=#339966 SIZE=1>The above image was automatically written by HtmlMakerVer1.12</FONT><FONT COLOR=#339966 SIZE=1>If you want this code,<A HREF=mailto:corosuke@chan.co.jp>click here</A> and Colo will email the file to you. Thanks to Colo for this code.></FONT></CENTER>

Tom
This message was edited by TsTom on 2002-05-13 04:32

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
this partially works, apart from the cells where the time difference means the new call time is the previous day, it does not seem to like anything before 9am with a 9 hour difference.

Upvote 0
I put this in cell A1 (this really should work):
12/12/02 8:00 AM

in cell B1:

in cell C1:
=+A1+B1/24

Cell C1 displays:
12/11/02 11:00 PM

I can't get this not to work for any time period,

Good Luck!
Corticus

Upvote 0
Hi thanks for the help, it seems to be working. The problem was that the times were already entered and the format for date was sitting at the one with am/pm after the time. Hopefully we can use this to our benefit. Thaks to all great idea for helping and passing the knowledge. anyone advise moving to 97/2000 to office XP!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back