Can Autofilter be automatic?

Jim frfom Calgary

I find the autofilter needs to be run everytime there is a data change. Can it be setup so when I change my data the changed data appears in the autofilter range without having to run the autofilter again?

My scenario: I have a parts list that gets copied to an order form. The order form auto filters any parts that aren't selected. If I select a new part or delete an existing part from the parts list the order form now needs the auto filter ran again. Is there a way to have the filter automatically update including the changed data?

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Jim,

Automating the filtering/copying process will require VBA (macros). You can do this yourself by turning on the Macro Recorder (Tools menu | Macros | Record new macro, and then doing all the steps manually. The Macro Recorder will turn these steps in VBA code (once you complete all the steps, turn the macro recorder off). Assign the code to a button – each time you update your data, click the button and the macro will perform the filtering/copying.

Alternatively, someone on this Board will write the code for you. However, you will need to provide a lot more information, preferably backed with a display of your data (use the HTML addin – see the download link at the bottom of this page). Information required includes:

Layout of the data, with examples, including the worksheet reference.
The layout of the order form, including the worksheet reference.

Regards,

Mike

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back