DSUM function

kim

I have an Excel file w/ 13 worksheets - one for each month of the year and a tables worksheet at the end.

In the worksheet titled "jan", there is a formula which reads:

=DSUM(JAN,"G/L BAL",CATEG_RF)

The "G/L BAL" is the column header of this formula and 'CATEG_RF' is defined in the tables worksheet.

Problem: I've added several lines to the end of the table but the formula isn't picking up on them. The only new lines this formula will read are the ones added w/i the table rather than at the end. I need this formula to include the lines at the end of the table.

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
WHEN YOU NAMED THE RANGE 'CATEG_F', DID YOU HIGHLIGHT AN AREA OR DID YOU HIGHLIGHT THE COLUMN LABEL?

Upvote 0
On 2002-05-10 12:49, kim wrote:
I have an Excel file w/ 13 worksheets - one for each month of the year and a tables worksheet at the end.

In the worksheet titled "jan", there is a formula which reads:

=DSUM(JAN,"G/L BAL",CATEG_RF)

The "G/L BAL" is the column header of this formula and 'CATEG_RF' is defined in the tables worksheet.

Problem: I've added several lines to the end of the table but the formula isn't picking up on them. The only new lines this formula will read are the ones added w/i the table rather than at the end. I need this formula to include the lines at the end of the table.

Kim,

Would you please post that table or a portion of it if it's too big?

If inclined to do so, please use the following procedure:

Select an empty cell, type =, select the table or the upper portion of it, hit F9, Edit|Copy what you see, and post the copied bit in the follow up here.

Aladin

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirek8991

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back