Worksheet Selection to Outlook. How?

eddy

Had a lot of help from TSTom and Snozgur but had recent crash and lost your E-Mail address's.

Need a macro that will:-
a) Select a range in worksheet (CopySheet) Range C3:H12 (Using Excel 2000)
b) Open Outlook (2000)
c) Past selection into text area whilsh maintaining formating.
Addressee will then be selected in the normal way via the Outlook address book.
Snozgur almost got the answer but it seemed very much O/S and Office version specific.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
TSTom and Snozgur

TsTom i have exchaneg whith my Email and PM i sure and suggerst PM if no Email or suggest the profile to TStom, sure its there

Snozgar is in Turkey i think so im sure also he/she has email out there suggest profile again... or PM i have never chatted thou so cant comments

thats why guys advertise the email and of cause PM is just for that.

can i ask you kinda put stuff on the board so everyone can see and manybe learn.

i had harsh comment as i help guys off the board as to why i dont post, i will and have versions of my work, but some are heavy like VAT and tax and filldle to be detected, and opening data and hiding data from worrlwide companies, so i gave my world i would not say directly. If IT manager asks me as has happened to help in confidance i do that I am protected him... i trust this is ok.

But soo you see tips from me on stuff ive done so all can have my work..

Upvote 0
reading you post what are you trying to do.. bulk emaiol or automate the emailing

would a excel sheet tha bulks not do this.. but why copy/paste the range.. whynot sent the sheet???

some ideas...

Upvote 0
Hi Jack ..
Most of the postings about this one were done via this board so the message exchange was open to everyone. I now feel that I got so much help from these two guys that I wanted to stay in touch and have now lost there E-Mail address's.
Need to get the text into Outlook text area, the reason is simple, believe it or not a lot of people I send the information to dont have Excel. Snozgur had the solution using a standard Add In but is was O/S / Office version specific. It would be nice to have a generic answer if possible.

Upvote 0
Hi Ted...
I could not keep the formatting using VBA.
The only way I could get it to work was using a stand alone exe(VB) to open both Outlook and Excel via Ole and then it worked as a standard copy and paste.
There's got to be a better way to do this?
Tom

Upvote 0
Hi Tom

OK lets see if anyone else can suggest a way of doing it.
Thanks Ted

Upvote 0
It's kind of roundabout, but you can use Save as HTML in Excel, specify the range, save as an HTML document.

Then open new HTML-format mail message in Outlook, Insert File as Text Only (rather than Attachment), and choose your HTML document. It should put just your range into the body of the Email, and preserve most types of formatting.

Would that work for you?

Catherine

Upvote 0
Thanks Catherine, that works fine. It would be nice to have the code which would do it automatically from a macro button on the worksheet. Any ideas?
Ted

Upvote 0
i did not want to advise as you req two friends that have helpped you prior, and extended that respect to them.

I would have suggested copy paoste which is easy enough. or directed you the samples.xls which was installed default with office which gives codes as such, excel to word and outlook??? cant recall,

or save part of excel to HTML and attach.. all have been suggested.

i have very heavy complex projects some are to alter outlook via VBA, its not so nice as staying in excel its self

good luck, let me know ill post what i have on this feed as i develop might help...

Upvote 0
not often i look deep in my archives of codes,, try:

custom i guess, should select the range.....

||||||||||||||||||\

Sub Send_Msg()
Dim objOL As New Outlook.Application
Dim objMail As MailItem
Set objOL = New Outlook.Application
Set objMail = objOL.CreateItem(olMailItem)
With objMail
.To = "name@domain.com"
.Subject = "Automated Mail Response"
.Body = "This is an automated message from Excel. " & _
"The cost of the item that you inquired about is: " & _
Format(Range("A1").Value, "$ #,###.#0") & "."
.Display
End With
Set objMail = Nothing
Set objOL = Nothing
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back