What code/formula/solution makes you most proud?

artslave

We've all slaved over problems and eventually come up with a fun / efficient / clever solution that makes us really happy... unfortunately it's hard to share that elation with non-Exceller's at work -- even less so with non-computer-literate spouses and partners at home. :confused:

So I'd like to know about your personal little triumphs -- first for pure curiosity, second so I can congratulate you on your ingenuity, and thirdly, cos I always learn something when smart people show off!! :LOL:

It doesn't matter what your experience level is either -- you don't have to be a guru to have come up with something useful.

So what is YOUR favorite solution -- a combination of keyboard shortcuts, a VBA macro, a formula (or combination of formulas), a method of charting, a custom toolbar button? Does your boss still kiss your feet for turning a three-hour process into a ninety-second macro? Does your accounting department think you walk on water? Share with an audience that will appreciate it....

Cheers!
Catherine

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
2 days ago, i don't know the power of excel. after joining this board i came to know the real power. Now i am trying to automate a process with the help of this board which will save my 4 hrs every day. The automation process is still in progress, but i am over exited and posting this.

thanks for all those helped me.

Upvote 0
Probably some code I wrote for our QC dept which took all the template workbooks I'd created for them and copied/ renamed them into a freshly created (if necessary) folder for the next quarter. The reasons were probably because it was a right pain to do manually, it used the FileSystemObject (which I'd not really used before) along with procedures and functions with multiple arguements and the code itself was considered to be a QA document and got incorporated into the QC procedures (which wowed several directors :)).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vmanchoppy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back