Extraction and placement Macro

wannabe12

Hi all, basically here is what I do manually

When I download my bank statement recurring (Direct Debits) entries come up like these two below -

07/05/2014 NSPCC (8.00)
01/05/2014 TV LICENCE MBP (12.12)

I download this onto a file called "July 2014 data" to a tab called "[Month]", i.e. whatever the month is.

I then type in these values in my cash flow (another file called "Cash Flow 2014 July - June 2015", on tab "Cash Flow") - so in cell B13 I have 'TV Licence' and then I look for the month in the columns and type in £12.12. Obviously if there is alot of Direct Debits this is time consuming.

Could a macro look at a list of data (list of Direct Debits), and search for these in a list of bank transactions (always will be 1st to 31st of a month), and then when it finds the transaction (i.e. it finds NSPCC) it matches the amount to the amount on the list, and if its in this case £8 it displays this on my cash flow on a certain row, and column (the row will always be same but the column will change depending on the month - could the macro request this at the start from the user? ). If the amount doesnt match then I would still like the value displayed in the cash flow but highlighted (cell fill colour) red.

Also - there is an extension to this which I thought I would divulge later - step by step. Basically searching through the transactions for a type of expenditure and placing the total value to a list of types of expenditure on another tab (columns = type of expenditure), but also placing according to the week which the date of the transactions falls in (row).

If you want to explain further I can.

By the way if this is asking alot please let me know.

Kind Regards

Amish

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back