MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On 2002-05-11 15:04, Chris Davison wrote:
    On 2002-05-11 14:17, Mudface wrote:
    I'm sure BraveHeart referred to the courage needed to come out of the closet and wear one of those things.
    I do believe you've had as many Grolsches as I tonight.... we'd better shtop before Juan Pablo locks this thread !

(7 + 1 bacardi breezer)
    Pfftt, Saturday night is wine night (I've a spreadsheet dating back over the last decade to prove it. Apart from the times I was drinking pints. Or shorts. Or 'forgot' to fill it in...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My prediction for the World Cup is that 147 English thugs will be arrested and deported. Beckham will wear his sarong, whilst wearing Posh's underwear, again. Posh will also say something stupid in the press right before an "important" game and Beckham will get the blame for England not winning the World Cup. (again) Argentina will put England out of the WC as well, again.

Mind you, the best thing about the World Cup is, no doubt, the opportunity for Gary Lineker to show off the knowledge of Japanese history, customs and fashion he gleaned whilst playing in the J-League. (remember when he came back and was wearing all of those Japanes looking shirts and suits without collars? ****)

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My prediction is that there'll be a huge outcry over the ticket allocations and match timings, due to FIFA allocating the WC to countries that don't really have much interest in football but have a massive, untapped financial potential (remember USA '94, great to see how far the Americans have developed the world's most popular sport in return for being granted the finals).

Following the usual group stage tedium, the qualifying nations will display the typical cynicism and bad sportsmanship required to truly be the world champions. After the final, investigations into Blatter's dealings will finally result in the guy being shown as more corrupt than the Olympic reps, FIFA will bankrupt itself trying vainly to head this off.

Meanwhile, Ant and fecking Dec will score big time. Beckham will start next season on £92K per week regardless. Two dozen lower league teams will go out of business. Man City, West Brom and the other First Div qualifier will hire several 30+ year old, once good, but now looking for an easy retirement, pensionable foreign players at £60K a week in a doomed attempt at keeping up with the 6-7 teams capable of doing anything, ever.

Oh, and Celtic will win the Scottish league, Rangers second, 30 points ahead of the third place dteam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are running all over Juan Pablo's pitch.
    He must think it's all over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On 2002-05-11 17:13, mdfh wrote:
    You guys are running all over Juan Pablo's pitch.
    He must think it's all over.

Let's hope that "it is now".

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others