why am i seeing this each time i open a new Excel Workbook

James__S

Each time i open a new excel 2010 Workbook i see this in the Developer Tab -

A module - RibbonX_Code

Code:
'Entry point for RibbonX button click
Sub ShowATPDialog(control As IRibbonControl)
    Application.Run ("fDialog")
End Sub
'Callback for RibbonX button label
Sub GetATPLabel(control As IRibbonControl, ByRef label)
    label = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("RES").Range("A10").Value
End Sub

How do i get rid of this please?

I do not know how it got in there....

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
If you open the Project explorer (visible by default), it should list all open workbooks and add-ins. To which does the module in question belong?

Upvote 0
VBA Project(FUNCRES.XLAM)
RibbonX_Code
Sheet1(RES)
This WorkBook

Another 1 which i cannot open as it asks for a Password......cannot get rid of this file
atpvbaen.xls (ATPVBAEN.XLAM)

Upvote 0
You probally don't actually want to get rid of it as it is part of the code of the Analysis toolpack.

Can you not just insert a new module as you dont state that it is causing you any error?

Upvote 0
ATPVBAEN.xlam can usually be closed through the add-ins list (From Excel use alt+t, i to get at that dialog quickly). Uncheck "Analysis Toolpak - VBA".
funcres was saved by its creator with a code window still open unfortunately. You would have to convert it to a normal file, close all code windows and save-as as add-in to get rid of that problem.

Upvote 0
FUNCRES.XLAM is the Analysis ToolPak Add-In. You shouldn't need it in Excel 2010 if you have installed ATPVBAEN.XLAM, so uninstall it.

Upvote 0
FUNCRES is needed if you want to use the statistical analysis tools shipped with ATP of course. ATPVBAEN is only needed if you need to use ATP stuff from VBA if I remember correctly.

Upvote 0
If you see either FUNCRES.XLAM or ATPVBAEN.XLAM opening up when you initially open Excel (either a blank document or an existing one) and you find that as a consequence it really slows down the start up procedure, then (especially if you DO NOT NEED EITHER OF THESE FUNCTIONS PRESENT ON YOUR PC) you can delete them. For MS Office Professional 2016 they are located in folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\Library\Analysis - of course, you will need appropriate authority to perform the delete, which I assume you either already have or if not can get from your office administrator. If you're using another version of Office then conduct a search and I'm sure you'll find them hidden in a similarly named folder. I have had this issue, it caused the opening of Excel to be quite slow, and eventually found and deleted the objects as above. Since then, no issues, and speedy opening of Excel. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back