Nate, wanna try this one?

elgringo56

You did so good for me the other day, wanna try to help me on this. I want to turn on and turn off Caps lock under macro control so that when I wnat the operator to input in caps I can make her do it. She wont have to remember. Ivan tried to help me but I dont understand what it is he is trying to have me do.

Also, please tell me, when you see that a thread is not going where you need it to go, ie, solutions offered are huge macros when you feel that a simple solution is out there, how do you break out of it without starting another thread maybe worded differently? In this case, I finally found, from Jay, bless his soul, a simple solution to a simple problem. If you look at the other two threads, you will see complicate solutions that are way over my head. Maybe some are smart enough and know enough enough to understand all, but I am not. I am a beginner, trying to do a large data base type program, which I now have finished, thanks to many on here. Sorry if I have offended anyone, but I also know that persistance gets results and I got results.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
On 2002-05-11 21:34, elgringo56 wrote:
Also, please tell me, when you see that a thread is not going where you need it to go, ie, solutions offered are huge macros when you feel that a simple solution is out there, how do you break out of it without starting another thread maybe worded differently? In this case, I finally found, from Jay, bless his soul, a simple solution to a simple problem.

NOT SO FAST .... If you read the thread I offered you a solution AND the way to go about getting it up and running.
I also asked you why you wanted this as there
were other options see;

http://www.mrexcel.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=8030&forum=2&3

You stated another thread and didn't bother
answering my previuos Q's.
I politely answered and commented not to start another thread...see the other threads.

If you look at the other two threads, you will see complicate solutions that are way over my head. Maybe some are smart enough and know enough enough to understand all, but I am not. I am a beginner, trying to do a large data base type program, which I now have finished, thanks to many on here. Sorry if I have offended anyone, but I also know that persistance gets results and I got results.

IF YOU HAD OF ANSWERED the other threads properly you would have got an alternate answer......other people offered too.

As far as I'm concerned YOU wasted my time!!

Upvote 0
I am sorry, then Ivan, but I had no idea what you were saying. I tried to tell you that, I had what should have been a simple problem. and it turned out it was. A three line solution. You want to talk wasted time, I spent all day trying to figgure out some of the answers, but I just dont know enough. I have over 200 hours on this program. I am tired, I am frustrated. I do appreciate all your help and I learn from each answer. Sorry, Ivan. I'm going to bed

Upvote 0
Hey elgringo56...
Personally, I don't think it's a huge deal.
mdfh, could have been a bit more polite.
I'm not a pro but have contributed as much or more from this board than I have taken.
Most people are courteous and learn to use acceptable board etiquette. Just be a bit more courteous. Good speech though!
End your day with a chuckle.
Tom

Upvote 0
yeah, I'm just tired tom. Folks here try really hard, I know that, and someday, I hope to be able to help out to. I have answered one question, which probably wasn't right. This has been a huge project for me, bit off more than I should have, but I have it done. and it works, thats a plus. Guys, all of you, thanks so very much for your help. I will try and learn to be a little more polite and tolerant. Ivan, to you, well, yes, I guess I could have done it a bit better. but I kept chaseing my tail because I dont know where my head is. Please accept my appology and keep up your good and kind work. Thanks to all

Upvote 0
On 2002-05-11 23:34, TsTom wrote:
Hey elgringo56...
Personally, I don't think it's a huge deal.
mdfh, could have been a bit more polite.
I'm not a pro but have contributed as much or more from this board than I have taken.
Most people are courteous and learn to use acceptable board etiquette. Just be a bit more courteous. Good speech though!
End your day with a chuckle.
Tom

I could have been a bit more polite?
Well, OK, I will resist the temptation to tell you to **** off.

The code that was first supplied to elgringo56 (by Lo Lun To, I think) does exactly the same thing as the code he/she says is acceptable, except that the first code does not convert the input of formulas to values only. If no formulas are input, then both codes do the same thing.

elgringo56 took offence at my suggestion of his/her wasting other people's time.
My comment was an attempt to draw attention to the desirability of having consideration for other people. Obviously something with which he/she is unfamiliar.

Actually, I tried to help in one of his/her earlier postings by asking why there was a need for such a request.
elgringo56 chose not to reply. This is not a particularly polite way of treating someone trying to help, and does not assure that help will be forthcoming for any future appeals for help.

To elgringo56 :
Look back at the threads you created.
Your requirements were like moving targets.
I'm pissed off. Ivan seems to be pissed off.
Why do you think that is?

Upvote 0
If your time is so valuable as to post such a complaint previously, why are you wasting it by cursing at me?
Your benevolent friend,
Tom

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickdozaj

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back