Disable Hyperlink Warning!

svendiamond

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a macro button that automatically runs three reports (excel spreadsheets) from my company's intraweb database application. The only issue with this is the hyperlink warning message that automatically pops up. It basically warns that some files from the internet may be harmful and make sure it's a trustworthy source. Then says "Would you like to open this file?" and you have to click "OK" or "Cancel". The user must click "OK" for each of the three reports. I want to get rid of this message. I have Googled this problem for weeks now and the only 2 possible solutions I've found are:

1. Globally disable hyperlink warning by editing the registry (one of the first results on Google... from the Microsoft website) -- This is easy and would work just fine, but I don't have permission to edit the registry on my company's computers.

Or option 2 which apparently works but I don't know where to put the code!

2. Something about ShellExecute API which I know nothing about. In this thread: Bypass hyperlink prompt in VBA? I found this link: API: Start an app with ShellExecute to some code which uses ShellExecute API which apparently worked and disabled the hyperlink warning message. But, I have no idea where to put this code. Do I just click on the tab for the sheet in my workbook, and click "view source" and put the code there? Also, do I need the entire thing? Sorry but I really have no idea what I'm looking at with this particular code, I am only a novice with VBA.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it and my company would love me! Nobody wants to sit and wait to click "OK" every minute while the reports run!

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back