Can a userform multipage backcolor be changed?

DRJ

MrExcel MVP
I have a multipage on a userform and wanted to change the back color. I can change this color fin for buttons and the userform itself, but I don't see the option in the properties for a multipage. And I didn't see it as an available command from vba. Am I missing something here??

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
MultiPages and TabStrips do not have background color properties and cannot themselves be colored. Complaints should be directed to Redmond, Washington...I don't understand why Microsoft has not provided for this feature but they just have not, at least not up to and including Excel2003 (its latest version to date).

To color a multipage, here's a workaround:
Draw an image control over the page, then set its background color to whatever you want from Image control's BackColor property palette. Right-click on the Image control, and select "Send Backward".

Upvote 0
Tom Urtis said:
MultiPages and TabStrips do not have background color properties and cannot themselves be colored. Complaints should be directed to Redmond, Washington...I don't understand why Microsoft has not provided for this feature but they just have not, at least not up to and including Excel2003 (its latest version to date).

To color a multipage, here's a workaround:
Draw an image control over the page, then set its background color to whatever you want from Image control's BackColor property palette. Right-click on the Image control, and select "Send Backward".

That's pretty lame. I figured I could stick a label on top of the multipage and color it, but then the page label tab at the top cannot be changed. So it still looks grey while everything else is colored. Oh well.

Upvote 0
There is a Windows default setting to adjust that gray color but it's not practical if the workbook is intended for users with other computers.

Upvote 0
Not ideal, but a very creative solution Tom. Thanks for the suggestion! It works great for what I wanted to do.

Upvote 0
Wow - - gotta love when these old threads surface, a great example of how valuable a Search can be when people get the answer on their own by researching for a question already asked and answer given. Thanks for the message Nnogslaw.

If by chance lxplumm is looking in on this, bitmap is an uncompressed format that is about the heaviest graphic format you can use. Try a gif or jpg format (use Photoshop to save the bitmap as gif or jpg) and it will be a much-reduced graphic file size.

Upvote 0
Hello everybody! I'm a new member. I'm a farmer and living in Vietnam. I just know a little of English. I don't know where to post my questions.
Can you please help me ? I have a problem with my userform.
Can I post my file here ?

Upvote 0
Hello everybody! I'm a new member. I'm a farmer and living in Vietnam. I just know a little of English. I don't know where to post my questions.
Can you please help me ? I have a problem with my userform.
Can I post my file here ?

I design a userform to input data on worksheet but I don't know VBA code to do it. (On my userform I put many Comboboxes and many Textboxes )

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back