How show and edit page breaks in main window

somanyqs

Board Regular
Haven't used Excel heavily in a while...now am on Excel for Mac 2011.
I remember in a much older version I used that I used to be able to set up the view on the screen to show the page breaks - but it would show all of the worksheet, even cells that would not be printed (so not a page view).

I believe I could grab the "edges" of the print area to easily change the cell areas that would print for all of the
pages. I can't seem to find this feature now...is it hiding somewhere?

As an example, I'll have massive worksheets now, and want to print a 20x20 cell area from one part of the worksheet, and another 10x40 cell area from another place on the the worksheet. And then if I need to modify, I could drag a corner of the 20x20 and turn it into 20x30 cell range for example.

Thanks much!

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
somanyqs,

I never used a Mac so this may not be the answer. I think you are looking for the Page Break Preview option. Excel has three ways to view a sheet: Normal, Page Layout and Page Break Preview.

To change the view option in Excel 2007/2010/2013 for Windows:
Method 1 - Select the View tab from the Ribbon. The first group on the left is Workbook Views. Select an option.
Method 2 - Select from one of the three view icons located in the bottom right of the Excel window just to the left the zoom slide bar.

Best of luck,

G/L

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tips -
Unfortunately still no luck. Strangest thing...I don't seem to be able to access the dotted blue lines that should appear in a Page Break Preview, and then drag them to adjust. Hmmm!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back