Formula based on dates

anum

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi there,

I've got a spreadsheet where the start date is amendable and this is what I wanted. E.g. start date is Jun-14 and I want the formula to to calculate annual salary divided by 12 in each month from June onwards until Mar-15 (Financial year is April to Mar) and the same way to not show anything in April or May as they started in June... How can i achieve this please as I tried IF statements and it doesn't recognise dates and years...

Thanks!
Anu

Last edited:
Hi Chris, sorry i've got another complication.... is it possible to incorporate that when there is no start date, the sal for each month should be blank and only come in if the start date was entered?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Hi again! I've got another complication which I need to add to the same cell as previous formula which is to include recruitment costs.... so i used this but doesn't seem to work and gives me #VALUE!

=IF(AND($R8>0,W$2>=$R8),$O8/12,"")+IF(AND(N8>0,R8>1/8/2014),N8,"") so basically if the person is starting anytime in aug, I want the cost to come a month in advance or even maybe the month... where am i going wrong with the formula?

N8 = Recruitment costs, R8 is the start date

Once again, thanks a lot for your help :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nope still gives me #VALUE! although if I use the formula on it's own not in conjunction with the other one, then it seems to work.. Can I not use both of them together?

Upvote 0
=if(and($r8>0,w$2>=$r8),$o8/12,"")+if(and(n8>0,r8>1/8/2014),n8,"")

Upvote 0
Right I figured it likes to pull back zero rather than "" Now the issue I have is if the start is 01/9/2014 and in Aug if I type in start date greater than 01/08/2014, then it gives me the recruitment fee again in Aug. Can I say if>01/8/14 AND <01/9/14??

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back