low memory

thijs

When I want to save an Excel file (256 kb) on my pc (p500 with 524mb Rom) there always appears a message "low memory" The saving goes well.
What could be the reason?

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
This first thing I would check is the contents of my TEMP directory, probably found in your Windows folder. As this folder fills up, you PC loses functionality. Delete all files with a .TMP extension. Any other files that are Excel, Word, etc. should be moved into a different folder. Then, clean out the Recycle Bin and reboot. If you are still getting LOW MEMORY errors, then you might check on how much hard drive space is remaining on the PC. Again, your PC efficiency is impacted by having too much on your machine. For best results, at least 25% of your hard drive should be free.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply, but that can't solve my problem. I checked it all before and I have this problem only with this file on different pc's, so it should be something with this file

Upvote 0
If it's just with this particular file have you thought of just copiing the sheets over to a new xls and getting rid of the old one ?
After you've removed the old one just rename the new one.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back