Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: low memory

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I want to save an Excel file (256 kb) on my pc (p500 with 524mb Rom) there always appears a message "low memory" The saving goes well.
    What could be the reason?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This first thing I would check is the contents of my TEMP directory, probably found in your Windows folder. As this folder fills up, you PC loses functionality. Delete all files with a .TMP extension. Any other files that are Excel, Word, etc. should be moved into a different folder. Then, clean out the Recycle Bin and reboot. If you are still getting LOW MEMORY errors, then you might check on how much hard drive space is remaining on the PC. Again, your PC efficiency is impacted by having too much on your machine. For best results, at least 25% of your hard drive should be free.
    Thanks,
    Shirlene

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your reply, but that can't solve my problem. I checked it all before and I have this problem only with this file on different pc's, so it should be something with this file

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's just with this particular file have you thought of just copiing the sheets over to a new xls and getting rid of the old one ?
    After you've removed the old one just rename the new one.
    <MARQUEE>...........Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic...............The easiest thing to find is fault, don't be easy !.. --Anonymous--...</marquee>

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others