Excel 2010 Macros in personal.xlsb not accessible from main worksheet

Griswald

I have a bank of user defined functions (UDF's) which I keep in the personal.xlsb workbook.
I used to run Excel 2003, and the same functions worked fine both in the personal.xlsb and main worksheets.
In Excel 2010 I can use them in the personal.xlsb workbook when it is unhidden, but cannot do so in any other workbook when personal.xlsb is hidden.
My Trust Centre settings allow the use macros at all times. There are no disabled items in the add ins and both the Roaming (User Start Up) and the Program Files (Excel Start) XLSTART folders are in the list of trusted locations.
I have googled around this and not found a solution! Can anyone help me please.
Possibly upgrading to 2013, does anyone know whether this problem manifests itself there?!:(
Thanks

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
I have a bank of user defined functions (UDF's) which I keep in the personal.xlsb workbook.
I used to run Excel 2003, and the same functions worked fine both in the personal.xlsb and main worksheets.
In Excel 2010 I can use them in the personal.xlsb workbook when it is unhidden, but cannot do so in any other workbook when personal.xlsb is hidden.
My Trust Centre settings allow the use macros at all times. There are no disabled items in the add ins and both the Roaming (User Start Up) and the Program Files (Excel Start) XLSTART folders are in the list of trusted locations.
I have googled around this and not found a solution! Can anyone help me please.
Possibly upgrading to 2013, does anyone know whether this problem manifests itself there?!:(
Thanks

I have the same issue.
I created a module in PERSONAL.XLSB but when I open a new workbook, and type in "=spell" the function does not show up.
BUT, if i copy the module from PERSONAL.XLSB to the new workbook, it will show up in the module section and WILL show up if I type in "=spell".

I figured that PERSONAL.XLSB is the home of all macros and functions, and can be used in any new worksheet but maybe that's not true? Do i have to copy the module to the new worksheet each time i want to use the UDF?

Rico

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back