Refreshing Formulas

mindhacker

I export data to Excel and then copy that data to another spreadsheet. Various formulas and graphs are referencing that data. When I put new data in, the formula cells and graphs don't refresh automatically. If I open a cell and save it refreshes. Anybody know of a way to get it to refresh automatically?

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
have you tried the excel help topic "Refresh external data"? i think this bit is what you are after:
" You can refresh an external data range automatically when you open the workbook, and optionally save the workbook without saving the external data, so that the workbook file size is reduced. On the External Data toolbar, click Data Range Properties ,
and then select the Refresh data on file open check box. To save the workbook with the query definition but without the external data, select the Remove external data from worksheet before saving check box."

Upvote 0
Ho

Use the button refresh external data thats ODBC links and will rip new good live data as a posed to odd bad data, live data is always best if poss before i get shot again, bad dat i class as out of date - but thats job specific, with me seconds count in finance world so always refresh and data hungry.

I prefer to avoid auto updates as i like to command when i want data = so i refesh when i want, even calculation is manual so i havethe power to get as i want, worthy point the bigger the sheets more data and caculations the worst it gets.

HTH

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back