"report" generation (advanced)

G

Hi guys,

Here's the problem.
I'm working with a rather complicated excel worksheet, which pulls its values from other worksheets, depending upon the value entered in its criteria field.

for eg: if i were to enter Job #112 in the criteria cell, it would pull all relevant data (from wherever) and post it on the work sheet. I need to do this for about a 100 different jobs. Hence need for a macro.

these job #s can be found in a range on some other worksheet.

Here's my question:
I want to be able to pull all the relevant data for a particular job, save the worksheet with a unique name (say JobNo####.xls), and then carry on doing this for each job.

Pls Help.

appreciate it.
thks a lot folks.

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Hi Anonymous,

What you describe is probably pretty easy to do in VBA. Without specifics of what data you are trying to pull, and from where, I can't provide specific code, but perhaps what you were hoping to find out is how easy this is to do? This is actually the type of thing that VBA does best. It could become a big job if you want to output the data in a very unusual format, or want to have the capability to find and extract a lot of different kinds of data from a lot of different places, but still it only becomes tedious, not hard. Chances are that if you can break the problem up into small pieces, you can get answers to the various pieces on this board by posting them one at a time. If you need the whole job done quickly and don't want to piecemeal it, get specific about the problem requirements (providing a copy of the workbook would help) and request quotes.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back