Thread: Excel formula for Pearson IV distribution (w. mean, std dev, skew, & kurtosis)
Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Excel formula for Pearson IV distribution (w. mean, std dev, skew, & kurtosis)

Hello Everyone,

What is the excelformula to generate the inverse Pearson IV distribution? I have mean, standarddeviation, skew and kurtosis and I plan to generate random outputs given thosestats. How do I write the formula?

My question is verydirect and simple. I've looked everywhere for an excel equation for the PearsonIV (4) distribution. I've found software and random formulas, but not one I canfigure out how to build in excel. I found and use a great equation for thePearson III (3) (see: Log Pearson type 3 in Excel - Gerg's Net),but not for #4. I could use your help.

Thank you,

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Excel formula for Pearson IV distribution (w. mean, std dev, skew, & kurtosis)

Hi, just curious as I encounter similar conundrum with some statistical analysis.
    I take it you are limited to Excel right?
    Now R might be the better tool for statistical analysis... But given that you require Excel I believe that GAMMA.DIST(x,alpha,beta,cumulative) might be part of your required answer?
    GAMMA.DIST Returns the gamma distribution. You can use this function to study variables that may have a skewed distribution. The gamma distribution is commonly used in queuing analysis.
    here too:
    The GAMMA.DIST function syntax has the following arguments (argument: A value that provides information to an action, an event, a method, a property, a function, or a procedure.):X Required. The value at which you want to evaluate the distribution.
    Alpha Required. A parameter to the distribution.
    Beta Required. A parameter to the distribution. If beta = 1, GAMMA.DIST returns the standard gamma distribution.
    Cumulative Required. A logical value that determines the form of the function. If cumulative is TRUE, GAMMA.DIST returns the cumulative distribution function; if FALSE, it returns the probability density function.
    Remarks
    If x, alpha, or beta is nonnumeric, GAMMA.DIST returns the #VALUE! error value.
    If x < 0, GAMMA.DIST returns the #NUM! error value.
    If alpha ≤ 0 or if beta ≤ 0, GAMMA.DIST returns the #NUM! error value.
    For a positive integer n, when alpha = n/2, beta = 2, and cumulative = TRUE, GAMMA.DIST returns (1 - CHISQ.DIST.RT(x)) with n degrees of freedom.
    When alpha is a positive integer, GAMMA.DIST is also known as the Erlang distribution.
    Φ(𝑘)𝛼Α𝑡
    O365P+ Post sample data using one of these: MrExcel HTML Maker Excel jeanie Forum Tools add-in or Borders-Copy-Paste

Some videos you may like

User Tag List