Excel formula for Pearson IV distribution (w. mean, std dev, skew, & kurtosis)

ddurant100

Hello Everyone,

What is the excelformula to generate the inverse Pearson IV distribution? I have mean, standarddeviation, skew and kurtosis and I plan to generate random outputs given thosestats. How do I write the formula?

My question is verydirect and simple. I've looked everywhere for an excel equation for the PearsonIV (4) distribution. I've found software and random formulas, but not one I canfigure out how to build in excel. I found and use a great equation for thePearson III (3) (see: Log Pearson type 3 in Excel - Gerg's Net),but not for #4. I could use your help.

Thank you,

Dave

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Hi, just curious as I encounter similar conundrum with some statistical analysis.
I take it you are limited to Excel right?
Now R might be the better tool for statistical analysis... But given that you require Excel I believe that GAMMA.DIST(x,alpha,beta,cumulative) might be part of your required answer?
GAMMA.DIST Returns the gamma distribution. You can use this function to study variables that may have a skewed distribution. The gamma distribution is commonly used in queuing analysis.

here too:
The GAMMA.DIST function syntax has the following arguments (argument: A value that provides information to an action, an event, a method, a property, a function, or a procedure.):X Required. The value at which you want to evaluate the distribution.
Alpha Required. A parameter to the distribution.
Beta Required. A parameter to the distribution. If beta = 1, GAMMA.DIST returns the standard gamma distribution.
Cumulative Required. A logical value that determines the form of the function. If cumulative is TRUE, GAMMA.DIST returns the cumulative distribution function; if FALSE, it returns the probability density function.
Remarks
If x, alpha, or beta is nonnumeric, GAMMA.DIST returns the #VALUE! error value.
If x < 0, GAMMA.DIST returns the #NUM! error value.
If alpha ≤ 0 or if beta ≤ 0, GAMMA.DIST returns the #NUM! error value.
For a positive integer n, when alpha = n/2, beta = 2, and cumulative = TRUE, GAMMA.DIST returns (1 - CHISQ.DIST.RT(x)) with n degrees of freedom.
When alpha is a positive integer, GAMMA.DIST is also known as the Erlang distribution.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back