HyperLinking

Tuberockin

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how, if at all, it is possible to hyperlink to a text box. I have been able to name the text box in the name define area but it doesnt appear when I go to hyperlink > place in this document > define names.

Any suggestions. If all else fails I can hyper link to the cell behind the text box, but I was hoping it was possible to achieve the above.

Thankyou in advance for any help.

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
The HYPERLINK Help topic states, "Link_location can refer to a place in a document such as a specific cell or named range in a Microsoft Excel worksheet or workbook".

A range [of cells] includes a reference for the cell in the upper-left corner of the range, a colon :)), and then the reference to the cell in the lower-right corner of the range. For example, A10:B20 is a cell range which can be named using the Insert | Name Define... menu command.
This message was edited by Mark W. on 2002-02-27 17:15

Upvote 0
I have had the same question for some time - only I am trying to set up a hyperlink to a graphic object (an imported photo).

Excel will give a generic name to an imported photo (e.g. "Picture 1"), and if you click on the picture, "Picture 1" appears in the "name" field. You can even change the generic name to something else ("Bob") by clicking in the "name" field and typing. In this respect, it's identical to giving a name to a specific cell.

However this name does NOT appear in the list of Defined Names if you go to Insert>Hyperlink>Bookmark.

In short, it looks to me like Excel "kind of" can give a graphic object a name, but not really.

Does anyone else have an answer to this?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Yep that is it exactly Dennis. When you click on the textbox it gives the name 'text box #' but you cant seem to link to it.

Seems strange that you are able to define the name, or at least put a name in the name box, yet it doesnt really recognise the name.

I hope somebody else has overcome this problem, most probably something quite straight forward.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi Tube :biggrin:

If you select the range into which you want to place your hyperlink,press Ctrl+K and the range is hyperlinked.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back