Can't insert ActiveX objects

g13392

Hello,

New to MrExcel. I know my problem is posted in other threads, but I can't seem to find any solution. I have Excel 2007, and I have a workbook with ActiveX checkboxes on the worksheet. I also have a macro that ties the worksheet to see which checkboxes are ticked or not. I was using this file for past year or so, but all of a sudden, I cannot tick the checkboxes. Furthermore, the macro is giving me an error message saying "Object doesn't support this property or method". The workbook is unprotected, in case you may be asking.

I went into Excel Options, Trust Center, Trust Center Settings, and checked the ActiveX and Macro settings, and they are "Enable all controls" and "Enable all macros"), respectively. I've also tried to open new Excel, and insert ActiveX controls, but none of them work. I get "Cannot insert object" error message.

If I take the same file and open with excel 2010, everything seems to work. So I don't think the file is corrupted. I can't seem to figure out what I need to do. If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back