Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Peter_SSs

VBA Help

This is a discussion on VBA Help within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Wonder if someone can help me please. A colleague has a planning model with lots of code behind it that ...

Default VBA Help

Wonder if someone can help me please. A colleague has a planning model with lots of code behind it that she had built by some consultants quite a while ago. Last week the model worked fine, but she has gone to use it today and on opening the model she is getting an error message that says "Compile Error - Method or Data member not found" and highlights .checkBox2 in the following code

Sub check_checkboxes()
    If Sheet4.CheckBox2.Value + Sheet4.CheckBox3.Value + Sheet4.CheckBox4.Value + Sheet4.CheckBox5.Value + Sheet4.CheckBox6.Value + Sheet4.CheckBox7.Value = 0 Then
    Sheet4.Cells(12, 11).Interior.ColorIndex = 3
    Else
    Sheet4.Cells(12, 11).Interior.ColorIndex = 43
    End If

End Sub

I've had a look at the code and can't see anything wrong. The model was originally written in 2003 and we are now running 2010. I have checked with the IT guys and they don't believe there have been any patch updates over the weekend.

Anyone got any bright ideas?

MrExcel MVP

Default Re: VBA Help

Quote Originally Posted by hugo15 View Post
    I have checked with the IT guys and they don't believe there have been any patch updates over the weekend.
    I'd get IT to double check that and refer them here.
    hugo15 likes this.
    Hope this helps, good luck.
    Peter
    Excel 2010 (mainly), 2016 (not Office 365), 2013, 2007, 2003 - Windows 10, 7
    - Want to help your helpers by posting a small, copyable, screen shot directly in your post? Look here
    - If posting vba code, please use Code Tags - like this [code]Paste code here[/code] - or use the VBHTML Maker
    - Read: Forum Rules & Forum Use Guidelines

Thanks Peter. Sounds like that could well be linked to my issue. I'll go back to the IT guys and get them to look a bit closer.

We are making progress! Turns out that patch update was applied site wide yesterday morning, just before the user started running the model.......

We have followed the guidance in the documents in the link but it still will not work. My IT colleague has gone to build up a PC without the patch update installed to see if that works. Hopefully it will then run and we'll be able to remove the patch from users machines.

All sorted now. The patch has been removed and we are back working again

MrExcel MVP

Quote Originally Posted by hugo15 View Post
    All sorted now. The patch has been removed and we are back working again
    Good news.
    Hope this helps, good luck.
    Peter
    Excel 2010 (mainly), 2016 (not Office 365), 2013, 2007, 2003 - Windows 10, 7
    - Want to help your helpers by posting a small, copyable, screen shot directly in your post? Look here
    - If posting vba code, please use Code Tags - like this [code]Paste code here[/code] - or use the VBHTML Maker
    - Read: Forum Rules & Forum Use Guidelines

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others