Copy/Paste from web, but don't include drop down boxes and other form components

Chasden

Hello,
I've just changed offices, so I'm using a different computer. I've imported all of my Office settings and macros, but there is one setting that I can't figure out.

There are several tables on a website with raw data that I copy and paste into an Excel workbook daily. These tables have a drop down box in the last column of each row. On my old computer, the drop down boxes would not paste into the spreadsheet (only the data would). This was fine.

On my new computer, the drop down boxes paste into the form, which is annoying. I could go to Design Mode and delete them all, but I'd have to do this to over 100 of them every day. I could also just leave them there, but then they will slowly increase the size of the file with unnecessary data (plus it's sloppy).

I don't know what I did on my old computer to cause Excel to not paste drop down boxes, but I want that setting back. How do I get it?

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Having to go to the ribbon to use Paste Special this many times per day is a productivity nightmare. Fortunately, I have a macro for it, but using it for this job gives an error. Hitting debug just highlights the PasteSpecial command itself.

So far my solution has been to go back to my old office to get these reports done, then return to the new office when I'm finished. I still have no idea what's different about the old office computer.

Upvote 0
What I did eventually was just deal with the drop down boxes, let them pile on top of each other, and then at the end of the job, I'd go into Design Mode, use the selection tool, drag across the entire spreadsheet, and delete all the boxes.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nonnakkong

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back