RunTime Error 424 Object Required

This is a discussion on RunTime Error 424 Object Required within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; I spent all day creating a spreadsheet for someone but every other computer in the whole company we've tried this ...

Board Regular

Default RunTime Error 424 Object Required

I spent all day creating a spreadsheet for someone but every other computer in the whole company we've tried this file on Excel crashes when I try to use it. About the only thing I did differently than I've done many, many times before is I put a bunch of checkbox activex controls on a sheet. And I created a bunch of UDF's (User Defined Functions) to determine what is checked and what is not checked. The Error 424 comes up if they try to execute anything from within the VBA editor. On the sheet where most all the checkboxes are located, they cannot even select a component. If I go to design mode, they can select the item but the properties window yields the sheet, not the activex control. This is very frustrating. Does anyone have any suggestions. If I hit Recalc, Excel stops working!
    Mike Hirsch
    Using Excel 2016

MrExcel MVP

Default Re: RunTime Error 424 Object Required

Welcome to the horror - you've been lucky to escape this long! Please read: Office Update breaks ActiveX controls | Excel Matters

Board Regular

Default Re: RunTime Error 424 Object Required

Thanks Rory. I had forgotten about this. Obviously I had run that fix on my PC back in December as I recall so it was working for me. I have asked my user to run it on his PC as well. Thanks for helping jog my memory. I am glad I was not going crazy as it only worked on my PC!
    Mike Hirsch
    Using Excel 2016

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others