Chart Formatting

aarroyo

Hey everyone. My company has recently asked me to make a chart based on some data on various expenses on a given week for a given area. I have the data table formatted so the highest number value's text is turned to red. I am wondering if there is any way to get the chart to automatically change the color the same way like i have already below with out having to put in any input other than the numbers. There are going to be many weeks involved for each area so it would make life a lot easier.
10d7h9k.jpg
[/IMG]

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Out of curiosity...I can see why you might want to highlight the maximum value in the table, but why in the chart? The chart itself is a visual representation of the relative values.

Cute chart though. I've never done shadowing like that. How do you do that? Perhaps in a later version than my 2010?

Upvote 0
Right click on the bars and you can go into formatting and adjust all kinds of formats to make the bars look different.

Upvote 0
I see it now.

Those darn preset "icons" suck. Can't hardly tell what they do and a lot of times you can't even see what they do when you use them. :)

And what's with those crazy preset colors for fill? Oy!

Upvote 0
Sounds like conditional formatting on a chart is what you are looking for. Try this: Conditional Formatting of Excel Charts - Peltier Tech Blog

Also, you can google "conditional formatting excel chart" and there are a ton of links to check out.

Ya thats exactly what I am after here. I have checked out every thing on the web including the link you provided (thanks though) and I just wanted to make sure there was no easier way than having 2 separate colums for each input of data because after a while that would become tedious. Thanks so much for your help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik81h

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back