Need help with a macro replacing contents with hlookup? interpolated table values

tastyratz

Hello,
I was hoping someone smarter than I could help me with a macro.
This was developed for an automotive forum to interpret engine datalog samples and calibrate the air flow sensor. original developer is MIA and we found an error. I am really bad with Macro's and I am way over my head so I hope maybe someone could help.
This is a very large macro, so my thought is adding another one and tagging it to a button mid process.

This really sums up to yet another linear interpolation thread and I apologize for that. I have been searching all night and haven't made enough sense of what I found as it applies to my issue, Maybe it's just my comprehension failing me.

on the "ATR Input" sheet is a mass airflow voltage reference chart read horizontally.
'ATR Input'!B80:DZ80 is the voltage
'ATR Input'!B81:DZ81 is the g/s represented by above given voltage.
This should be but may not always be in numerical order as it may be updated in sections

on the "Your MAFCal Log" sheet column O represents the voltage value while Q the g/s value (it's present and logged incorrectly).

I need to clean up the data and replace the contents of column q (titled Mass Airflow (g/s)) with interpolated references from the calibration based on voltage present in column o (titled MAF Voltage (V)). if I have 200g/s at 3 volts and 100g/s at 2 volts you might see column O showing 2.7 volts and column q should read 170g/s.
This will be run against very large sequences of data at a time, 5-10 megabytes of text logs
I am not really quite sure how to make this happen though

I have 2 problems.
1. I do not quite know how to go about this as a formula. I have been reading about/testing trend & forecast & hlookup and more today with no results. Forecast seems right except for reading tables that are transposed to what values get pasted in. This is the most advanced statistical work I have ever delved into in excel.
2. I do not know how to take the new found formula and apply it in the macro, I am definitely over my head here.

Any thoughts?

man do I wish I could attach the file here.

Thanks for taking the time to click and read this far, I really appreciate the help

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back