Copy sheet to new instance of excel

Dumb Blond

I have a program that exports data to excel but doesn't load an excel add-in that i need. So, i need to open a new instance of excel which loads the add-in fine, and copy the sheet over to the new instance.

I have scoured the message boards for a solution and found ideas, but can't seem to get anything to work for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Code:
Sub RemoteLoadAddin()
    Dim xlApp As Excel.Application
   [B] Const ADDIN_PATH_NAME As String = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\XLSTART\[B]il[/B]x.xla"[/B]

Set xlApp = GetObject("c:\mypath\book1.xlsm").Application
    xlApp.Workbooks.Open ADDIN_PATH_NAME
End Sub

or just load the addin manually

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Hi, the below does not work, but there doesn't appear to be any syntax errors either. If I double click on this file in the xlstart folder it adds the load in. How do I launch the add in this way?

Sub RemoteLoadAddin()
Const ADDIN_PATH_NAME As String = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\XLSTART\ilx.xll"

Set xlApp = GetObject("\\WPCONBKLONDON01\Home\M\MURRAN3\Documents\Croesus Template.xlsm").Application
xlApp.Workbooks.Open ADDIN_PATH_NAME
End Sub

Upvote 0
That seemed to work but I would like to stay with the current worksheet. Can I eliminate the this line or change the file name to current or something?

Set xlApp = GetObject("\\WPCONBKLONDON01\Home\M\MURRAN3\Documents\Croesus Template.xlsm").Application

Sub RemoteLoadAddin()
Const ADDIN_PATH_NAME As String = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\XLSTART\ilx.xll"
xlApp.RegisterXLL ADDIN_PATH_NAME
End Sub

Upvote 0
I think I figured our what the second file in the XLStart folders does. It opens a tab on the menu bar that has a drop down and other information associated with it. If I wanted to open both files, do I use the same method?

The files are: ilx.xla and ilx.xll (both located in the XLStart Folder)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back