Multiple web data imports simultaneously?

This is a discussion on Multiple web data imports simultaneously? within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Hi there, I have an excel workbook that has 100 tabs in it. Each tab has it's own module/macro that ...

Default Multiple web data imports simultaneously?

Hi there,

I have an excel workbook that has 100 tabs in it. Each tab has it's own module/macro that will import the options chain from Google Finance for a different stock, equating to 100 total different options chains.

Each tab takes about 2.5 seconds to load the option chain in it. Multiply this times 100 and it takes over 4 minutes to process. I'd like to cut this number down, if possible.

My workbook currently updates one tab at a time and I wanted to know if there is a way to update multiple tabs simultaneously. I.e. 10 or even 100 tabs can be updated all at the same time, instead of updating one at a time in order.

I would greatly appreciate help with this!

Thanks!

Board Regular

Default Re: Multiple web data imports simultaneously?

Welcome to MrExcel forums.

Yes, it is possible to retrieve data and update multiple sheets simultaneously, using multiple VBScript agents. See Multithreaded VBA – An Approach To Processing Using VBScript | Excel & VBA – Databison and Multi-threaded VBA | Excel Hero Blog.

Default Re: Multiple web data imports simultaneously?

Awesome, thanks John!

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others