Converting Excel sheets to jpeg

mickyflash

Board Regular
Hello Guys

I currently update 10 spreadsheets weekly, within each there are 5 worksheets that I convert into pictures, - (There are more than 5 worksheets within each spreadsheet, but I only generate pictures for 5)

I currently do this copying a range and pasting into (currently) to IrfanView, saving the image with the same name as the worksheet and moving on to next..

This method is becoming very tedious as I generate 50 pics a week, which ultimately get uploaded to my pro-boards forum. The following week the process starts again as the old pictures are now out of date

is there a way automating any or all of this procedure with VBA/Macro?

The only alternative that I can think of is to uploading the whole spreadsheet to a host and embedded it into my forum, but this has been very unsuccessful as the worksheets are all linked to each other and have lots of hidden columns etc

Thanks in advance

Mick

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Maybe you could call the MR Excel HTML Maker in a macro for your needs.

Upvote 0
Maybe you could call the MR Excel HTML Maker in a macro for your needs.
. Sounds like a good idea if he is pasting into a Forum. Then he could also try the same using the BB Code generator in these as well ( The latest Mr Excel HTML Maker is also in this package )
Post Range Screenshots (Win & Mac)- see bottom page here
https://app.box.com/s/gjpa8mk8ko4vkwcke3ig2w8z2wkfvrtv

. He may be interested ( as I am ) in taking that BB Code or HTML Code for a spreadsheet that is in the Clipboard and pasting that into WORD or similar such that it comes out as a Table. ( If you simply paste from the clipboard you get a HTML code or BB Code . )
. If he goes down that route, he could possibly do all that with a Code as he can control all the pasting into a WORD document in the same macro. ( But do not ask me how - I am just getting the hang of VBA in Excel )
. -- Any ideas how to do that ??

Thanks
Alan

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks guys..

For some reason my Excel will not run the MR Excel HTML Maker as access to the VB project is not trusted? I have been able to create HTML files in the past by saving the excel spreadsheet as a web page, but have no idea how to get these files on line without taking out web space? which is why I have stuck with the picture route..

Is there any VBA that can help me?

Upvote 0

For some reason my Excel will not run the MR Excel HTML Maker as access to the VB project is not trusted? .......

. One of the links in my signature has some notes I made on getting the Mr Excel Tools up and running.....
.. here is a small extract that might help here

„……….( If it is not there or any other problems crop up along the way, then this may help: “. - Click the Office button at the top left of the Excel window -> Excel Options -> Trust Center -> Trust Center Settings... -> Macro Settings -> Tick "Trust access to the VBA project object model" -> OK -> OK “ ) . – If this is necessary then closing and reopening Excel may or may not also be required before the new stuff is displayed or available………“

Alan..

Upvote 0

Wow!!!
That code at that link is great! Thanks John!

. I just tried it.. And it works for me straight away…! and it is a Mega Quick new way for me to make an image of a Spreadsheet Range ( Of course I only do that very occasionally in Threads, as the Screenshot Tools that give a screenshot that is copy able to a worksheet is preferred. But it is very useful to have when occasionally appropriate to use.)

Thanks again

Alan Elston

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sienna de Souza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back