Dinesh Kumar Palani

""This is my first post in this forum"" Would be great if some can help me on this..

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Set objCollection = IE.Document.getElementsByTagName("a")
For Each colol In objCollection
If colol.getAttribute("id") = "ExporttoExcel" Then
colol.Click
Do
DoEvents
Loop Until IE.ReadyState = 4
Exit For
End If
Next colol
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I am trying to save the file from a website automatically. After i clicked "export to excel" it would ask me a pop called "Do you want to save or open requested file". I am unable to click save button through VBA code and also there is no option is available in Internet Explorer to disable this particular pop up.

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
You've got a couple of options, the first option would be to download the file without using IE - this is really the best way, automating IE is slow and painful, however it's also easy. So if you feel you want to stick with IE then it's going to need coding around - this is pretty nasty, but there are api solutions out there that should work, I can't get on the site right now, but if you have a look on ExcelForum and search for posts by mc84excel, I think he had a workbook that will do what you want

Upvote 0
Thanks kyle for your reply.. ExcelForum is currently down...

In my case i can only use VBA to automate this. By using vba code, we can automate only through internet explorer not with all browsers. Correct me if am wrong.

Upvote 0
You cannot use other browsers, but you don't need a browser at all just to download a file from the internet

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back