Return the most recent date

golfgod

I am working with a range of dates that tasks were completed. However some of the cells are blank because the tasks are in process. I need a formula to return the most recent date indicated in the rage once all of the cells in the range have completed dates by them.

GG

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
I am working with a range of dates that tasks were completed. However some of the cells are blank because the tasks are in process. I need a formula to return the most recent date indicated in the rage once all of the cells in the range have completed dates by them.

GG

I the most recent means the last entered date...

=LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A)

Upvote 0

The result was not what I was seeking. I don't think I initially provided enough data.

I am working in the range I6:I15. The formula is in cell I5. I6 has a date in it but I7:I15 do not and are blank. I would like my formula cell to remain blank until cells I6:I15 have dates in them. At that time I would like the formula in cell I5 to return the most recent date in cells I6:I15.

Upvote 0

The result was not what I was seeking. I don't think I initially provided enough data.

I am working in the range I6:I15. The formula is in cell I5. I6 has a date in it but I7:I15 do not and are blank. I would like my formula cell to remain blank until cells I6:I15 have dates in them. At that time I would like the formula in cell I5 to return the most recent date in cells I6:I15.

If I15 is supposed to house the most recent date...

=IF(ISNUMBER(I15),I15,"")

Note that this assumes an entry in I15 if and only if the cells above are already filled up.

Otherwise, whichever of the following is appropriate:

=IF(COUNT(I6:I15)=ROWS(I6:I15),MAX(I6:I15),"")

=IF(COUNT(I6:I15)=ROWS(I6:I15),I15,"")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back