Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Macro message / Dismiss clipboard message

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I a workbook with VBA code that opens and checks the value of a cell in another worksheet located on a server. The idea is that, if I change the cell value on the server worksheet, I can compare the value to the opening worksheet and copy the new data to the opening worksheet if it has changed. All works well with that; however, I would like to give the user a message "Checking for Updates" that stays open while the VBA code is running - maybe with a progress bar(?). Is this possible?

Also, when a update is performed, I get a message to the effect that "You have placed a large amount of information on the Clipboard. Do you want the information to be available...? I want to dismiss the message with a "No" response automatically. Any way to do this?

Thanks for your help.

ChrisY

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On 2002-02-28 08:43, ChrisY wrote:
    I a workbook with VBA code that opens and checks the value of a cell in another worksheet located on a server. The idea is that, if I change the cell value on the server worksheet, I can compare the value to the opening worksheet and copy the new data to the opening worksheet if it has changed. All works well with that; however, I would like to give the user a message "Checking for Updates" that stays open while the VBA code is running - maybe with a progress bar(?). Is this possible?

Also, when a update is performed, I get a message to the effect that "You have placed a large amount of information on the Clipboard. Do you want the information to be available...? I want to dismiss the message with a "No" response automatically. Any way to do this?

Thanks for your help.

ChrisY
    Chris,

You can add a message to the Status bar at the bottom of the screen:

Application.StatusBar = "your message"
    at the end of your code, remember to set this back to
    Application.StatusBar = False

The following code will stop the other message appearing - but I don't know if it assumes a yes or a no!
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    (again, this needs to be set to true at the end of your code).

Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Douglas,

Thanks! That worked on the first part. I found a workaround for the clipboard problem - apparently it only happens when you copy over 100 cells. The fix is to tell Excel to copy "a" cell prior to closing, then the notice is not produced.

CY

[ This Message was edited by: ChrisY on 2002-02-28 11:17 ]

On 2002-02-28 11:15, ChrisY wrote:
    Douglas,

Thanks! That worked on the first part. I found a workaround for the clipboard problem - apparently it only happens when you copy over 100 cells. The fix is to tell Excel to copy "a" cell prior to closing, then the notice is not produced.

CY

[ This Message was edited by: ChrisY on 2002-02-28 11:17 ]
    Thats one way other wise just clear the clipboard via
    Application.CutCopymode = false

at the end of any copy/pates routine.

Ivan

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others