Organize Music Library in Excel?!?!?!

Jeff131313

Is it possible to organize my music library in excel? I have roughly 2 thousand songs (mp3) files on my computer that I have organized in itunes with various fields such as song title, artist, genre, bpm.

My dream vision is to have the music files (or a hyperlink shortcut of the file) listed in a database within excel, organized so that each row is a unique song, with columns being a different "metric" such as artist, genre, or album.

once organized in clean rows and columns, I would want to create a pivot table of my music, so that I can easily manipulate the songs in any view I would like, such as Genre > Artist > song as my row labels of the pivot table, and duration, BPM, key signature as my column labels.

please let me know if this is possible!

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
do some googling about ID3 tags
I think I asked about this about 6 years ago...

Upvote 0
I don't have a Mac, only a PC. The ID3 tags are currently managed in iTunes, but should be saved to the file destination on my hard drive. Basically I want to create a pivot table of id3 tags so I can format the songs and organize them in a variety of ways.

Upvote 0
there is a free program called MP3tag which can export ID3 tags from entire volumes and nested folders. try that :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
test111

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back