how to copy paste bank data from a pdf in a coherent form

bigdan

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I've just copied this information from a PDF into Excel. Unfortunately it showed up completely incoherently.

In the PDF the titles were Date, Transaction, Funds Out, Funds In, Balance.

All this information below corresponds to the headings above. However its showed up as just one line of text.

Is there some way to put it into these columns? There's about 300 such lines so doing this manually is not an ideal option.

Aug 04 TIM HORTONS #34 20.00 3,040.86 Aug 04 ABM WITHDRAWAL 40.00 1,000.86 Aug 04 GOLDEN GRIDDLE 18.68 1,982.18 Aug 05 CANADA 55.80 3,037.98 Aug 05 KEY WORLD 10.17 1,027.81 Aug 06 VISA, CIBC/BANQUE CIBC 200.00 1,827.81 Aug 06 LA TAZZA CAFE 6.00 1,821.81 Aug 06 BIKRAM YOGA YON 6.55 1,815.26

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
I'm afraid not. Its banking information so confidential. Is there a way I can modify a pdf to only include a couple lines of the original?

Upvote 0
In short, there isn't a "good way", you could try different pdf to text/excel converters, or the one built into word 2013 - YMMV

I've yet to see one that really works for data whose format is iffy, pdf isn't designed for this sort of thing

Upvote 0
I'm afraid Kyle123 is right, and i would suggest searching some good pdf-converters. However, you will still need to adjust the result with some macro's

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back