Compile Error in Hidden Module: TBRun97 Excel 97

Jack in the UK

Feed >
http://www.mrexcel.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=9142&forum=2&5

Question>
I am running Excel 97 with Windows Me. I have been having this problem when I start and exit Excel 97. I get an error box that says "Compile Error in Hidden Module: TBRun97". Now when I click OK it continues on and the program runs fine, and when I exit and click OK it exits fine. It's an annoying message. I have tried several times to reinstall the program but get the same results. I have even used someone else's CD to re-install and no luck. Please help.

FIX=
OK i have switched on my sons PC which has a scanner and Text bridge pro yuck! not the file is an addin to this OCR software and so you have a doggy version, which excel re install will not solve its related to TEXTBRIDGE im sure of it,

FIX unload the add in tools add in and un tick the TB or anything Text bridge worded and close excel; re open and close

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
You may need to upgrade Excel. Perhaps completely removing Excel 97, and installing Excel 2000.
Have you tried that?

Best Regards,
Michael
MCSE

Upvote 0
Upgardes are a very good fix, but most dont have the money to do so rouge software is not so good and i do not champion it.

I tested my responce on my sons PC and it worked regarding the file, lets hope your or i responce helped, i was never told

PS welcome aboard.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back