Is it possible to save the history of a progress chart that shows the current state of a project, but it gets updated over time?

bellg

I have a PivotChart that shows the target date of certain action items as well as the % completion of those action items. I've also included a progress bar showing the current date, and all of this information gets updated with a refresh click.

What I want to be able to do is cycle through the history of the project to show how progress evolved. My current solution is pasting an image of the chart every day into a PowerPoint presentation, and then scrolling through it real fast to simulate time. What shows is the progress bar going from left to right, and the % complete of each task fills up. However, the task of saving an image to a PowerPoint is 1)tedious 2)bad if the chart changes rows/names/sizes/etc. 3)bad if I forget to save the chart every day.

The ideal solution is to click a button in excel, and the existing charts will cycle through the history of the project similarly to how my manually created PowerPoint would.

Can I do this automatically with excel?

Thanks,
Greg

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back