Excel help file

Dryver14

Good morning,

I am sure I used to have Excel help on my system but if I select an item in VBA and press F1 I always get sent online to help file, Is there something I should have installed?

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
OK after further research, excel 2013 when you select the help button you get a window saying excel help 2013 and just to the right of this notice is a small dropdown arrow.
If you select that offline option you get a very limited offline answer. In 2016 this dropdown button is no longer there, I am guessing with wifi expectations Microsoft
can not envisage a situation where you would not be on line these days so not installed full help file.

Upvote 0
...... excel 2013 when you select the help button .....
If you select that offline option you get a very limited offline answer. In 2016 this dropdown button is no longer there, I am guessing with wifi expectations Microsoft
can not envisage a situation where you would not be on line these days so not installed full help file.
....sounds a good explanation

..... ( maybe you can get a cheap XL2007 from somewhere, and use that for getting your help stuff.. )

Upvote 0
Microsoft can not envisage a situation where you would not be on line these days so not installed full help file.

All I can say is if they haven't given the option anymore is..... YUCK!

Just out of interest if you break your internet connection does it react any differently?

Upvote 0
Strangely enough under the tools/references tab you have to have excel vba and vba object library checked for the system to operate!!!! so it obviously has one installed somewhere

Upvote 0
Sorry to blurt on but I have just noticed that F2 still gets me the object browser so that is a big deal.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back