Date Picker in Protected Worksheet

AndyTampa

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm trying to create a spreadsheet where people can't mess with the formulas and I'd like to use the Date Picker on it. The problem is that once I protect the worksheet, the Date Picker no longer functions. I've set the Locked feature to FALSE and unprotected the referenced cell, but it still doesn't work. I am on my work network.

What could be blocking the Date Picker from functioning only when it's protected?

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Hi,

Just Unprotect your worksheet at the beginning of your code ...and Protect it again once your updates are done ...

HTH

Upvote 0
Hi,

Just Unprotect your worksheet at the beginning of your code ...and Protect it again once your updates are done ...

HTH
Code? I'm not using code. I'm using the Microsoft Date and Time Picker Add-in. Unprotecting the worksheet to use it is not feasible. Others will be using this and it should just work. "Select the date" is what I'm looking to tell people and not "Unprotect the worksheet, select the date, protect the worksheet, and try not to screw up any other cells in the process".

Upvote 0
What version of Excel & Date/Time Picker are you using?

I'm at home right now but the computer is at work. I'm pretty sure it is Office 2010 with whatever add-in comes with it.

Upvote 0
I guess there isn't an answer here. Why would MS allow you to use add-ins without being able to protect them? They must have thought of a way.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbone Mathonsi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back