How can I use Inputbox to get a file Path ?

Prectice

【Question#1】
Suppose I create a Excel File to get other ten file record together by a folder. I want user dynamic to give Excel file a path by some method.
The first thinking jump out my mine is via inputbox. but I try several time , application.inputbox("Pls paste a file path !", type:=2) , seem can't working by some un-know problem.
Any body could answer my question ?

【Question#2】
If I want to combine FSO Object and Inputbox to get a file path by file browser window ,
how can I do for it ?

suppose :

Set XXX =application.inputbox( " Pls choose a file path " , type:=2 )

Why the code above not working anyhow ?

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
You can use the GetOpenFileName method.

<font face=Calibri><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> GetOpenFName()<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> FileName <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Variant</SPAN><br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> Filt <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">String</SPAN>, Title <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">String</SPAN><br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> FilterIndex <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Integer</SPAN>, Response <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Integer</SPAN><br>    <br>    <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   Set Drive letter</SPAN><br>        ChDrive "C:\"<br>    <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   Set to Specified Path\Folder</SPAN><br>        ChDir "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\"<br>    <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   Set File Filter</SPAN><br>        Filt = "Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls"<br>    <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   Set *.* to Default</SPAN><br>        FilterIndex = 5<br>    <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   Set Dialogue Box Caption</SPAN><br>        Title = "Please select a different File"<br>    <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   Get FileName</SPAN><br>        FileName = Application.GetOpenFilename(FileFilter:=Filt, _<br>            FilterIndex:=FilterIndex, Title:=Title)<br>    <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   Exit if Dialogue box cancelled</SPAN><br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> FileName = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">False</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>            Response = MsgBox("No File was selected", vbOKOnly & vbCritical, "Selection Error")<br>            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Exit</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br>    <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   Display Full Path & File Name</SPAN><br>        Response = MsgBox("You selected " & FileName, vbInformation, "Proceed")<br>    <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   Open Selected Workbook</SPAN><br>        Workbooks.Open FileName<br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br></FONT>

Note that the example is a bit dated with the initial file path setting, but it can be tweaked pretty quick.

HTH,

Upvote 0
But Suppose I have ten excel file inside one folder. I want to open this ten files in the same time , by give program a " folder path " , Any method you recommend to get this info.(folder path)
And , If other user want to assign a file folder path , by himself dynamically . Does Inputbox could satisfy this demand ? or any other better choice ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back