Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Return a TEXT value if certain TEXT is missing

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Need help..Want to return a TEXT value if certain TEXT is missing

amazing thank you its literally perfect thank you so much

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi any way i can send you en excel sheet last piece of it is ive always used one column and row to do a count if formula so for example =+COUNTIF(B4:O4,"am 1")*8 ----- but i would like to have a control sheet so any account manager can enter there own positions and have its own value so in this case it would be using data from two sheets. I use b4:04 to look for anything that equals "AM 1" but i want to use another sheet instead and needs to be universal hard to explain. As you see below this is where the manager will enter his/her facility position names as they vary per facility and there specific hours as that varies as well. I would like the schedule to grab any information pulled from that sheet and be a countif formula.

ERIC DIXOn OFF AM 1 3 OFF 3 3 2 2 OFF 3 OFF 3 3 OFF 0

A B C D
    DIETARY SHIFTS/VHS POSITIONS POSITION NAME HOURS FOR SHIFT
    AM 1 F.S.D AM 1 8
    AM 2 A.F.S.D AM 2 8
    AM 3 MANAGER AM 3 8

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never mind i figured it out thanks

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi Peter i think the last question i have is an issue im running into.

because every facility has different quantities for shifts its at the sole discretion of the account manager to enter his/her shifts. With the formula you provided its AMAZING but if i use a drop down list and lets say for one facility the options are am1,am2,am3 and am4 but because this is a universal schedule i need to leave empty spaces. Now with the empty spaces the formula is showing this (see below) but of course i use a apostrophe to mimic a character so it doesn't display all those zeros. Additionally because I'm using a drop down list if i write anything in that space is accepts even though its only a specified list but the apostrophes are there which i guess is causing drop down list issues.
    Missing: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi just following up to see if you have any ideas and also is there a way to incorporate the same formula but for it to say if we scheduled a duplicate shift like am cook twice or something -- thank you

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others