double cell reference?

G

Quick question: I have two cells (D34, D36)in a sheet named "Critical.Data" that I would like to reference into a single cell (A3) on a separate worksheet named "Summary". In other words, I would like "A3" in the "Summary" sheet to list the values contained in both "D34" and "D36" from "Critical Data". Also, I would like the two values to be separated by a slash ("/")...any ideas?

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
On 2002-02-28 13:56, Anonymous wrote:
Quick question: I have two cells (D34, D36)in a sheet named "Critical.Data" that I would like to reference into a single cell (A3) on a separate worksheet named "Summary". In other words, I would like "A3" in the "Summary" sheet to list the values contained in both "D34" and "D36" from "Critical Data". Also, I would like the two values to be separated by a slash ("/")...any ideas?

Try putting this in A3
=CONCATENATE(Critical.Data!D34,"/",Critical.Data!D36)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip...now I have a question...I am using this formula now in a variety of instances, and have come across the following problem-

In one instance, I am bringing the values from two separate cells into the same cell as explained- one is a plain number, and the other is a %. The thing is, when i bring them together, the % loses its format (ie- it doesn't read 4.01%, it now reads .0041) I can't simply format the cell, b/c it will change the other figure into a %, which I do not want. Is there any way I can only format the second value I am bringing into the cell?

Also, another problem I am running into has to do with a web query- I am pulling another piece of info from another sheet in similar fashion, but the problem is that this number changes from a date to a plain number throughout the day. Thus, the cell to which I am referencing it needs to be formatted in a way in which it recognizes this and formats accordingly (formats date when a the cell shows a date, and formats a plain number when it shows a regular number) Don't know if this is confusing or if anyone can help...Thanks!

Upvote 0
dunno about the web thing, but the %age formatting could go something like this :

=Critical.Data!D34&"/"&TEXT(Critical.Data!D36,"#,###.00%")

adjust the decimals to suit your needs

Upvote 0
Or just:

=Critical.Data!D34&"/"&Critical.Data!D36*100&"%"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back