How to combine FormulaArray and FormulaLocal options in Excel VBA?

cercig

I am sending functions inside VBA code to the cells with a VBA-code line like below:

Code:
[COLOR=black][FONT=Consolas]Sheets[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Consolas]([/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=maroon][FONT=Consolas]"Sheet1"[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Consolas]).[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Consolas]Range[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Consolas]([/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=maroon][FONT=Consolas]"B2"[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Consolas]).[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Consolas]FormulaLocal [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Consolas]=[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=maroon][FONT=Consolas]"=somefunction_in_local_language"[/FONT][/COLOR]

I am using <code style="margin: 0px; padding: 1px 5px; border: 0px; font-size: 13px; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, 'Lucida Console', 'Liberation Mono', 'DejaVu Sans Mono', 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono', 'Courier New', monospace, sans-serif; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238);">FormulaLocal</code> option because the functions in cells are in the local language, not in English.
Now I want to send array functions, and I am supposed to use <code style="margin: 0px; padding: 1px 5px; border: 0px; font-size: 13px; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, 'Lucida Console', 'Liberation Mono', 'DejaVu Sans Mono', 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono', 'Courier New', monospace, sans-serif; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238);">FormulaArray</code> to do this. However, even the array functions will be in the local language. I guess I am supposed to combine both <code style="margin: 0px; padding: 1px 5px; border: 0px; font-size: 13px; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, 'Lucida Console', 'Liberation Mono', 'DejaVu Sans Mono', 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono', 'Courier New', monospace, sans-serif; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238);">FormulaArray</code> and <code style="margin: 0px; padding: 1px 5px; border: 0px; font-size: 13px; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, 'Lucida Console', 'Liberation Mono', 'DejaVu Sans Mono', 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono', 'Courier New', monospace, sans-serif; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238);">FormulaLocal</code> somehow, but how?
I tried to find if there is something like <code style="margin: 0px; padding: 1px 5px; border: 0px; font-size: 13px; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, 'Lucida Console', 'Liberation Mono', 'DejaVu Sans Mono', 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono', 'Courier New', monospace, sans-serif; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238);">FormulaArrayLocal</code>, but there is not such a thing. So any idea?

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Try it with 2 lines
1 to just put the formula in the cell in Non Array format
Then use .FormulaArra = .FormulaLocal to enter it as an array.

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B2").FormulaLocal ="=array_formula_in_local_language"
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B2").FormulaArray = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B2").FormulaLocal

Upvote 0
Try it with 2 lines
1 to just put the formula in the cell in Non Array format
Then use .FormulaArra = .FormulaLocal to enter it as an array.

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B2").FormulaLocal ="=array_formula_in_local_language"
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B2").FormulaArray = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B2").FormulaLocal

Thanks a lot. It gave error for the second line when I used with FormulaLocal, but it worked when I changed it to only Formula...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelError

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back