Need code to change row that is formatted as text to be number with no decimals

This is a discussion on Need code to change row that is formatted as text to be number with no decimals within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Currently in column A on my sheet in Excel 2013, my cells are formatted as text. So when I put ...

Default Need code to change row that is formatted as text to be number with no decimals

Currently in column A on my sheet in Excel 2013, my cells are formatted as text. So when I put a number in there I get a warning that this is a text field and I should convert the field to a number field.

How can I do this so that when I just open the worksheet it is already formatted like this? Thank you.

Default Re: Need code to change row that is formatted as text to be number with no decimals

You can start each number with a single quote, " ' ", or reformat the row to numeric; text entries are permitted there. Numbers will be right aligned and text to the left.

Default Re: Need code to change row that is formatted as text to be number with no decimals

Thank you. I actually had to change a macro that I had that was changing column A to text when ran. Thank you for the response.
    Last edited by kjicha; Mar 4th, 2016 at 08:19 AM.

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others